SAN MAURO PASCOLI - ITALY
×
Sponsorship
San Mauro Pascoli

San Mauro Pascoli is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Forlì-Cesena in the Italian region Emilia-Romagna, located about 100 km southeast of Bologna and about 35 km southeast of Forlì. It is at some 7.5 km from the sea, the frazione of San Mauro Mare facing it.



The comune was called San Mauro di Romagna until 1932, when its name was changed in honor of the poet Giovanni Pascoli, who was born here.


San Mauro Mare - The beach

Sea, Sun and Fitness...


The village of San Mauro Mare was founded in the early postwar years, becoming a tourist destination resort and currently has modern facilities: many hotels, apartments and a camping.

The beach where there are bathing establishments is 700 meters long and consists of fine sand and shallow waters, particularly suitable for bathing, and was awarded for the fourth consecutive year in 2011 with the Blue Flag, the award given by the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education).


A beach of fine golden sand, overlooking the azure of the Adriatic Sea, in the heart of the most famous Riviera in Europe.

The beach of San Mauro Mare has become well known in June 2001 with the opening of Fido Beach, the first beach on the Adriatic coast with special services for dogs.


Main sights in San Mauro Pascoli

History and Culture...


Near the central Mazzini Place is the home of the poet Giovanni Pascoli, where he was born in December 31, 1855 and where he spent his childhood.

National monument since 1924, was damaged during the Second World War and only the original kitchen remained intact. A plaque lists some verses from the poetry of Pascoli Casa mia ("M'era la casa avanti / tacita al vespro puro / tutta fiorita al muro / di rose rampicanti").


Near the Villa Torlonia were discovered, during excavations for the construction of the emiliano-romagnolo Channel, some Roman kilns, used for the manufacture of bricks.

The plants are large and have a lower part where the fuel burned and an upper part where the bricks to bake were placed.


The little church of the Madonna dell'Acqua was built in 1616 on behalf of the Vicar Bishop of Rimini and later rebuilt as a result of damage caused by bombing during the Second World War.

It is located in the center of San Mauro Pascoli, at the intersection of three roads (Via G. Pascoli, Via Rio Salto and Via G. Tognacci) and borders with the garden of Home Pascoli. Today it houses two plaques dedicated to those who died in San Mauro Pascoli.

The two sides of the church on the road have a similar score, rich in architectural and decorative elements. Inside, the church has a single nave with an apse covered by a barrel vault.

Part of the description above is taken from the Wikipedia article San Mauro Pascoli with patent CC-BY-SA. The full list of those who have contributed to the drafting of the article is available here.